Tuesday 19 March 2013

New Zine: The Secret Self :)

Hooray! Today I finished a zine that was sitting around wanting attention, weeping pitiably in the corner for ages. It goes by the melancholic name of...


Here are some of the pages from it. Some of them - like the double moon - were not used in the finished copy, but I thought I'd post them up here so that they can make some Internet friends, rather than wallow away in loneliness in my zine box. (*Zines can be so dramatic sometimes*)




Hmmm...they don't have nearly the same effect in the Internet-Land as they do on paper. This probably has much to do with the fact that they are out of order and as well...




At the moment I am working on another one, 'tis the namesake of this blog. Here is the (unfinished :/ ) front cover and one of the first pages:


I definitely want to get better at sketching and drawing. Does anybody have any good advice/websites/videos for cross-hatching? I really would like to learn how to cross-hatch properly, and how to draw shadows!! Something I always struggle with :/
So, any advice would be appreciated!

Also - completely unrelated - but how sweet is this avocado!! It has a heart! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment